If you’ve never heard of proats, or overnight protein oats before then listen up – your breakfast is about to be transformed!
Proats are a like a high-protein porridge, ideal for the summer – it requires no cooking and can be whipped up the night before so you can either eat it in the peace and quiet of your kitchen or on the go – if you make proats in a sturdy container, such as a mason/Kilner jar with a lid, then you really can take it anywhere.
Each bowl of proats comes in at around 330 calories (depending on the type of milk/yoghurt you use), 42g protein (if you use Greek yoghurt and semi-skimmed milk), 5g fat and 29g carbs (excluding toppings).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup (35g) or 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats (basic porridge oats)
- 1/3 cup (85ml) or 1/2 cup (125ml) milk – semi-skimmed or almond etc
- 1/3 cup (100g) or 1/2 cup (120g) yoghurt – Greek or vanilla
- 30g Protein Dynamix Dynapro whey protein – add an extra 1-2 tbsp. of milk if the protein powder makes the mixture a bit too thick for your liking!
Optional toppings for next day
Fruit (chopped banana, berries), cacao nibs, goji berries, cinnamon, honey, desiccated coconut
- In a bowl or mason/Kilner jar add the oats, milk and yoghurt and mix well
- Add your whey protein and mix again
- Cover the bowl with cling film or a plate (or screw the lid onto your mason/Kilner jar) and pop it in the fridge overnight
- The next day, add your chosen toppings!